Jochem Hummel is a PhD Candidate at the KIN research group, VU University Amsterdam. He obtained a master’s degree in Business Administration (cum laude) from the Rotterdam School of Management (RSM) Erasmus University in 2014, with a specialization in Strategic Management. His major research interests concern the topic of interorganizational collaboration, with a profound interest in new ways of organizing. Jochem and his promotors (Hans Berends, Marleen Huysman, and Philipp Tuertscher) conduct research at CERN studying organizing processes at the interface of science and business where actors collaborate across organizational and disciplinary boundaries in order to solve challenging technological and scientific problems.
- Innovation processes
- Collaborative innovation
- New ways of organizing
- Technology & Innovation Processes 4.2
- Technology & Innovation 3.1
- Knowledge Management 3.2
- Business Research Methods 2.4
- Master Thesis supervision
- Bachelor Thesis supervision
Conference Contributions / Article in Proceedings
- Hollen, R.M.A., Van Den Bosch, F.A.J. & Hummel, J.T. (2015). How changes in the organizing and managing of meta-organizations contribute to their performance. In Academy of Management Proceedings (pp. 18897-18897). Birmingham: Academy of Management.
- Hummel, J.T. & Amiryany Araghy, N. (2015). Determinants of Acquisition Performance: A Multi-Industry Analysis. In C.L. Cooper & S. Finkelstein (Eds.), Advances in mergers and acquisitions, Vol. 14 (pp. 143-169). Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Berends, J.J., Deken, F. & Hummel, J.T. (2016, June 7). The development of platform strategies for coopetition in home automation. Rome, Strategic Management Society Special Conference 2016, Rome, Italy.
- Hummel, J.T., Berends, J.J. & Tuertscher, P.R. (2016, August 7). Processes of polycentric governance in Helix Nebula. Anaheim, CA, Academy of Management 2016 Annual Meeting.
- Hollen, R.M.A., Van Den Bosch, F.A.J. & Hummel, J.T. (2015, May 11). Why and how EcoPorts has contributed to the long-term strategic goals of European Sea Ports Organizations: Implications for international port associations. Antwerp, Belgium, World Conference on Transport Research (WCTR) SIG2 Conference 2015.
- Hummel, J.T., Tuertscher, P.R. & Berends, J.J. (2015, July 3). Dimensions of openness in innovation processes: Exploring the connection between openness of system architectures and openness of knowledge flows. Athens, Greece, 31st European Group of Organizational Studies Colloquium.
- Hummel, J.T. (2016). 2016 OMT Division ABCD Award Recipient. Academy of Management Annual Meeting – Organization and Management Theory Division: Anaheim, CA (2016, August 9). Other Output.