ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (TENURE TRACK)
Voor 1.0 fte
VU onderdeel: Extern
Are you an ambitious and outstanding scholar in the field of Information Systems Management for Digital Transformation? Then Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam would like to get to know you.
Apply for the position of:
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (TENURE TRACK)
Hours per week: 40 hours
We are searching for a passionate colleague to develop our research program related to Managing Digital Transformation. We have positions open at the level of Assistant Professor (tenure track). We see this as an opportunity to further enhance our ambition to be one of the top research and teaching groups in the field, where a collaborative spirit and intellectual curiosity are highly valued. We are looking for internationally oriented, ambitious yet collegial scholars who share our passion for the field of digital innovation and will contribute to our research and teaching. We welcome applications from IS scholars with a PhD in business administration or other IS-related disciplines.
We seek to further increase our global visibility through top-level research on the management of digital transformation. In terms of teaching, we offer a newly developed and challenging MSc Program in Digital Business and Innovation, with 140 new students in 2018. The program delivers in-depth knowledge on Digital Innovation, based on fundamental theoretical perspectives and with a strong focus on implications for (and collaboration with) practice. Furthermore, we offer courses on information systems, digital innovation, new ways of working, and research methods in the BSc programs in (International) Business Administration as well as the doctoral program of the School of Business and Economics. All our teaching for the BSc IBA program, the MSc program and doctoral program is in English.
1. Teaching at the BSc, MSc and Executive level in the programs of the KIN Center for Digital Innovation.
2. Conducting and supervising research (including PhD projects) concerning managerial issues in the area of IS, big data, analytics and artificial intelligence.
3. Publishing in international top-tier journals.
4. Coordination of courses, and (eventually) participation in project groups or committees within the Department or Faculty.
5. Contributing to the further development of the KIN Center for Digital Innovation in its collaboration with the business community and executive education.
• PhD in business administration or other IS-related disciplines.
• An ambitious future research agenda concerning the implications of digital transformation for organizations’ IS and data management.
• Demonstrate a capacity to publish at the very top level
• Applicants at higher ranks should possess an excellent record of teaching performance, and involvement in undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral education.
• Other forms of evidence of academic leadership
• Evidence of successful collaboration with industry partners and active research valorization is an asset.
What are we offering?
A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts for an Assistant professor to a minimum gross monthly salary of € 3.545,- and a maximum
€ 4.852,- in accordance with salary scale 11, depending on your education and experience. The job profile (Universitair docent 2) is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for 1,0 FTE.