Smarter together in the age of AI
KIN Research’s Marleen Huysman wins prestigious NWO grant to follow AI from development in the lab to its use on the work floor, to develop a collaborative methodology for augmenting knowledge work.
Professor Marleen Huysman, head of the KIN group at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, was awarded a prestigious national grant from the NWO’s Open Competition. The research will follow AI from development in the lab to its use on the work floor to develop a collaborative methodology for augmenting knowledge work.
You can read the official NWO announcement here (in Dutch): http://bit.ly/2kOFIOi
How being ‘selfish’ serves the collective interest in the end
How a common goal can be reached despite clashing individual interests
- The following white-paper is part of Jochem Hummel research on ‘Collaboration and innovation between heterogeneous actors’. Jochem defended his research on June 5th, 13:45, in the Aula of the Vrije Universiteit.
- Right before his defence, there was a symposium on collaboration and innovation between heterogeneous actors organized by the Amsterdam Business Research Institute (ABRI), KIN Center of Digital Innovation (School of Business and Economics), and Warwick Business School.
- To read more on this topic, please click here.
Click and DIY Economy
- VPRO Tegenlicht featured an episode on How does the Netherlands deal with the challenges of the platform economy
- One of the featured experts on the topic of the platform economy in the episode was Jovana Karanovic (researcher at the KIN Center for Digital Innovation)
- To see the full episode (in Dutch), please click here.